- 5/30/80 Infield Laden with Talent
- Pictures from Wright Field at Newby Park
- Flattened by a thunderbolt at Newby Field
- 2005: ESPN at the Midnight Sun game
- 1986: On Alaska’s long sunny evenings, you can watch some very good amateur baseball.
I got an e-mail from Neil Davis the other day. The son of homesteader Bon Davis, Neil is well-known in his own right, but his father is one of the reasons North Pole is North Pole.
He said that while it is true that investors Dahl and Gaske originated the idea of the name–thinking it would draw toy manufacturers to the area–and it is true that in 1952 Bon Davis petitioned the U.S. District Court to change the name from “Davis” to North Pole, there is more to the story. Continue reading